Table of Contents
- What We Collect
- How We Use It
- How to connect regarding Privacy
- Personal Information Protection & Retention
- Other Information
Purpose. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our Services. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We take the protection of your personal information very seriously and adhere strictly to the rules of data protection laws. This statement provides you with an insight into how and for what purpose MyRide901 collects, processes, and uses your personal information, how long it will be stored and how you may object to any such rights.
What We Collect
Preamble. To identify yourself as the owner of your vehicle timelines, and to assist us with providing support, you agree to provide us with your personal information; and allow that information to be sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically. For support purposes, when accessing MyRide901 via a mobile device operating system (e.g. Android, is, etc.), we automatically collect the information sent to us by your mobile device. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- version of the app installed on the mobile device;
- make and model and IP address of the mobile device that the app is installed on;
- type and version of the operating system installed on the mobile device; and
- date and time of app use and other statistics as we deem necessary.
In addition, the app uses third party services that may collect information used to identify you (for example: Google Play Services, Google Analytics for Firebase, Firebase Crashlytics). When accessing MyRide901 via web browser, the IP address of the computer or the mobile device is stored by us. In addition, we store the following:
- Browser type/version;
- Operating system used;
- Referrer URL (previously visited page);
- Host name of accessing computer (IP address);
- Time of server request; and
- Used IP address (possibly in anonymous form).
When you are calling app services via mobile devices, please note that location data is regularly transmitted to us. You can turn off the location-based services on your device.
Information you provide to us. We collect and store any information you enter on our website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use;
- additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party services;
- information and content you upload to our applications;
- information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our website or correspondence that is sent to us; and
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device.
You have the option to share timelines and/or service events details for vehicle profiles you have created in the applications such as: the name given to the service event; notes about the service event; date, mileage and service provider contact information associated with the service event; parts and service for the service event; and chat messages in the service event. These service event details are accessible and can be seen and modified, where you have allowed them to be modified, by all registered and unregistered users of the applications with whom you have shared them, either as service events on the timeline or directly from a specific service event. Furthermore, files uploaded to the app and added to vehicle service events are visible and can be deleted, where you have allowed the service events to be modified, by all registered and unregistered users of the app with whom you have shared these service events. For purposes of analysis of customer satisfaction, we occasionally conduct customer surveys via e-mail or telephone. This is usually done anonymously. Your replies to the customer survey are not stored with your personal data but anonymously for statistical evaluation. We handle your data in accordance with the provisions of data protection law and meet their safety precautions. In the context of contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data are collected. Data collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. These data are stored and used solely for the purpose of answering your request or for establishing contact and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in answering your request. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your request if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the matter in question is finally clarified and provided that no statutory storage requirements are in conflict.
Information from other sources. We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
How We Use It
Purposes. You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support;
- to personalize, measure and improve our Services and content;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information.
- MyRide901 personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of MyRide901’s business
- We may share your personal information:
- to comply with legal obligations or a court order; or
- if this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
- if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a re-organisation or that acquire us.
- Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Information you share with others. Our application allows users to share timelines, service events, accident reports and related information with other registered users and non-registered users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other registered users and non-registered users. We recommend that you consider how you share your personal and vehicle information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal and vehicle information you share through our application and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users and non-registered users.
Suggested precautions. If you share your timeline and/or service events/accident reports with non-registered users (i.e. users who will access the application via a web browser), and these users are or will be accessing the application from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you advise these users to log off after each session. Further, if you do not want the shared computer to remember the timeline and/or service events/accident reports that have been accessed, the non-registered user will need to remove cookies and/or the history of his website visits.
How to connect regarding Privacy
MyRide901 is responsible for personal information under its control. You can contact us regarding complaints, report security incidents, and express concerns by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Atten: Privacy.
Personal Information Protection & Retention
How we protect your personal information We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form.
Retention period. We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
Children under 18 years of age. You must be 14 years and older to register to use the MyRide901 website. As a result, MyRide901 does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that MyRide901 has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We require that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive permission from a legal guardian before using MyRide901 or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Spam abuse and unsolicited commercial communications (“spam”). We do not tolerate abuse of our application. You do not have permission to add other MyRide901 registered users or non-registered users to your timeline or service event Share lists for commercial purposes, unless the user has given his explicit consent. If you notice that someone is abusing our app (e.g. spam or spoof emails), please notify us at email@example.com. It is not allowed to use our messaging communication resources to send spam or content that violates our Terms of Service in any other way. For your security, we may scan messages automatically and check for spam, viruses, phishing and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content. We do not permanently store messages sent through these resources.
Contact. If you have any questions about MyRide901 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at:
Professional Services Plus Inc.
169 Enterprise Blvd
Markham, Ontario L6G 0E7,
– Effective Date July 15, 2021